Rules and Regulation
Rules and Regulations of IGMIS
The primary purposes of the Institution are the advancement and application of knowledge and the education of its members; its central activities are teaching, learning and research. These purposes can be achieved only if the members of the Institution community have mutual trust and confidence and can live and work beside each other in conditions which permit freedom of thought and expression within a framework of respect for the rights of other persons. The Institution expects all students to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner in their day to day activities, including in their dealings with the academic matter, other students, staff and external organizations. Students are expected to comply with the Institution policies and regulations. Where they do not comply with these requirements, and where they disrupt Institution activities, then the Institution will follow relevant procedures to resolve matters, including this Rules and Regulations.
- > Student takes admission in a program once in a year.
- > A student should have minimum GPA 2 in SSC & HSC for getting admission in NU-BBA program.
- > A student who wants to admit in National University BBA program he has to have GPA 3 in Accounting, or Business Organization & Management, or Finance Banking & Insurance, Production Management & Marketing, or Economics or Statistics or Higher Mathematics in HSC.
- > A student should qualify in the merit list.
- > A student should submit all original certificates and mark sheets along with a set of attested copy of all certificate and mark sheets and four-color passport size attested photographs at the time of Admission.
- > After getting admission, if any student wants to withdraw her/his admission s/he should pay full semester fee.
- > Students will get a registration card from National University. The registration period will be mentioned in it.
- > If any student cannot successfully complete BBA or MBA program within the period of the registration he/she should apply for an extension of registration by paying a fee.
- > If any student lost or cannot produce the card whenever any authorized authority asked for, he/she should be informed immediately, applied and collect a new registration card from IGMIS by paying a fine Tk.500/-.
- > Students should attend all classes of each subject.
- > Student should attend 80% classes of each course.
- > All students must attend all the class on time. 5 minutes late is considered for one or two sessions. Frequent late attendance may affect her/his academic activity and not allow signing in the attendance sheet and seems to be absent.
- > A late attendance or not attendance fine will be charged Tk.50/- for each class.
- > If any student absents in any class due to emergencies or matters beyond a student's control is considered but s/he must inform in writing to IGMIS management well in advance or immediately after he joins in class with proper evidence. Frequent or repeated absence is detrimental to academic progress.
- > Talking and other disruptive behaviors are not permitted while classes are in session.
- > Mobile phones must be turned off in the classroom. If emergency vibration reaches, it can be turned on without affecting class concentration.
Examination and Evaluation:
- > IGMIS evaluation systems are followed by Case Analysis, Assignments, Presentation, Participation, Attendance, the midterm examination and final Examination under NU.
- > Student should attend 80% classes of each subject.
- > Students must attend tutorial, assignments, case analysis, presentation, participation, etc. on the date announced by the Faculty Member / Management of IGMIS.
- > Students must obtain a minimum 60% marks on the midterm exam to attend final exam.
- > Failure to attend the tutorial, case analysis, presentation, assignments/term paper will affect the student’s grade and has to pay Tk.200/- for each assessment.
- > Retake (supplementary) exam may be conducted with the necessary fine and permission of the authority.
- > Midterm exam results will be published by the IGMIS authority.
- > The final result will be published by the National University. The student can check their result on the website at – www.nu.ac.bd.
IGMIS believe that learning should not be stuck for unavailability of learning materials. To available all books, course materials, magazine, newspapers and all other learning materials IGMIS develop a state of art Library in IGMIS. IGMIS library is also a center of searching and earning knowledge.
- > Students can borrow semester wise books from the Library at the beginning of each semester on a refundable deposit of Tk.1000/-.
- > Books must be back to Library within 5 (five) days after the semester final exams.
- > If anyone fails to back the book(s) in time s/he has to pay a late fine of taka 10/- for each book per day delay.
- > Students should keep all books in good condition. If books are damaged or lost or for any reason, it is not readable then s/he has to pay the full price Tk.350/- for each book.
Fees & Fines:
- > Admission Fee Tk.7000/-.
- > Tuition fee Tk.1000/- for each month.
- > Semester fee Tk.6000/- for each semester.
- > Midterm examination fee Tk.300/- for each midterm examination.
- > Re-midterm exam fee of Tk.200/- for each course.
- > Semester final examination fee should be paid as per NU fee.
- > Internship project supervision fee Tk.3000/-.
- > If any student fails to attend the tutorial, case analysis, presentation, assignments/term paper has to pay Tk.150/- for each tutorial, case analysis, presentation, assignments/term paper.
- > Charge for IGMIS ID card Tk.150/-.
- > Charge for re-issue an IGMIS ID card Tk.250/-.
- > Charge for re-issue a registration card Tk.500/- + NU charge.
- > Charge for re-issue an admit card Tk.300/- + NU charge.
- > A student should pay a fine of Tk.3000/- if he/she attend less than 80% of the classes.
- > If any student fails to pay within 10th day of each month s/he has to pay a late fine of taka 20/- per day delay.
- > If any student fails to pay tuition fees continuous two months within the date s/he has to pay semester fees in advance [i.e. pay 2nd-semester fee before 1st-semester final exam form fill up] or will be suggested to withdraw her/his course from the semester.
- > If anyone fails to return Library book(s) in time s/he has to pay a late fine of taka 10/- for each book per day delay.
- > Students should keep all books in good condition. If books are damaged or lost or for any reason, it is not readable then s/he has to pay the full price Tk.300/- for each book.
- > Semester Registration and Exam fees should be paid within the date announced by the IGMIS.
Prohibited conducts includes but is not limited to:
- > Assaulting, harassing, intimidating, or threatening another individual or group,
- > Endangering the health or safety of others,
- > Stealing, misusing, destroying, defacing or damaging University property or property belonging to someone else,
- > Disrupting University activities,
- > Using University facilities, equipment, services or computers without authorization,
- > Making false allegations against any member of the University,
- > Supplying false information to the University or forging, altering or misusing any University document or record,
- > Storing, possessing or using real or replica firearms or other weapons, explosives (including fireworks), ammunition, or toxic or otherwise dangerous materials on University premises,
- > Using, possessing or distributing illegal drugs,
- > Violating any National, or local laws against any kind of legalities of drug or any kind of activities seems unlawful,
- > Encouraging, aiding, or conspiring in any prohibited conduct,
- > Failing to comply with a disciplinary measure or disciplinary measures imposed under the procedures of this Code.
* Remember, all Municipal, District and National Laws apply on campus.
Disciplinary Measures that may be imposed include but are not limited to:
- > Written or SMS or e-mail warning or reprimand from the College,
- > Probation, during which certain conditions must be fulfilled and good behavior must be demonstrated,
- > Payment of costs or compensation for any loss, damage or injury caused by the conduct,
- > Issuance of an apology made publicly or privately,
- > Loss of certain privileges,
- > Restriction or prohibition of access to, or use of, College facilities, services, activities or programs,
- > Fines or loss of fees,
- > Relocation or exclusion from a residence,
- > Any action will be taken by the disciplinary committee,
- > Suspension,
- > Expulsion.
Note: Management has all the right to change and/or amend all or partial rules and regulation without any prior notice.